Tips for trips in and around Wilignen
The woody low mountain range of the Upper Sauerland is a real paradise for fans of hiking, biking and skiing. Throughout the year, Willingen offers a varied programme with extraordinary events and the many sports facilities such us the climging hal, mountain biking, hang gliding an a lot more...
Tips for trips and leisure activities at a glance
- Summer toboggan run
- Adventure golf
- Visitor mines
- Bowling centre with big indoor kart circuit
- Splaygrounds / miniature golf / pit-pat facilities
- Para gliding- and hang gliding school
- Inline skating- and roller skating rink
- Mountain bike fun park, free ride track
- Climbing hall and climbing wall at the Hochheide Tower
- 8-seat gondola lift to the Hochheide Tower
- Ice skating rink with ice disco and curling
- Ski kindergarten and children's ski school, toboggan runs
- Survival park
- Wildlife- and leisure park with fairy tale story, wil- en recreatiepark met sprookjesbos and raptor show
- Glass works
The family - leisure movie
In nine minutes and 18 seconds the diversity of the leisure world of Willingen is shown in a fantastic image mobie. Loyal to the motto "here is something for everyone" the most beautiful sides of the facilties are fabulously presented in vision and sound. Click on the play-button in the 2nd picture to start the movie!
More tips for trips around Willingen
Lake Diemel, embeddes in green fields and woods, is a real water- hiking- and leisure paradise. You can make a trip with a sail boat, swim, surf or just go and cast a line in peace and quiet. Divers find exciting spots in the underwater world full of secrets - in addition to the fish kingdom with pike, pike persch, bass, carp and whitefish, there is a lot more to discover in Lke Diemel. A canoe trip on the lake is an adventure as well. For those who are more experienced and prefer it more wild, there is a winding, natural white water track, that has some currents to offer.
Ca. 40 minutes driving from the Sonnenpark, the big adventure land "FORT FUN" is situated, a leisure park that offers young and old great variation with its many attractions and shows.
- January / February: FIS World Cup ski jumping
- June: Bike Festival
- June: Willinger panorama run with the German cross-country ski team
- August: alpine horn on the Ettelsberg
- September: autumn market
- December: Willingen, a winter fairy tale